How To Get Re-Inspired
It may be the beginning of a new chapter in our lives, but the start of the year can also be the most demotivating time for some of us. Combine frosty temperatures with post-festive season slump and new year’s resolutions that were broken on the 3rd; and it’s no wonder we often feel unexcited and lethargic in the first few months of the year.
Amid the daily humdrum, you might be losing sight of your goals: what you want, where you’re going and even who you are. Have you fallen into bad habits and become a tad complacent in your work, your creative pursuits or your social life? If you’re feeling a little flat, it’s probably due to a lack of inspiration in your world.
So, how can you incentivize yourself to live your best life?
Sometimes, an outfit that makes you feel amazing is all it takes – and if that’s the case, one of our beautiful blazers will put a spring back in your step. But if even your clothing choices have become a little lacklustre, we recommend looking to the media you consume, the things you read and the way you begin each day for a hit of motivation.
To help you reinvigorate yourself, we’ve put together a few easy ideas for kick-starting your year in the right frame of mind.
Listen to a smart podcast
Inject a little energy into your morning commute or make the most of time spent doing the weekly chores by plugging in to an inspiring podcast as you go. Listening to other people speak about their achievements is one of the best ways to help you towards yours, and podcasts fit easily into your life.
Some of our favorites are:
- How I Built This by Guy Raz, which features entrepreneurs to give you an insight into how some of the world’s most successful companies became as big as they are,
- Cntrl Alt Delete, where Emma Gannon explores her guests’ relationship with the internet and how it has affected their careers,
- The High Low, a pop culture podcast by journalists Dolly Alderton and Pandora Skyes which tackles ‘an amalgamation of water-cooler gossip and hard-hitting cultural happenings’.
Read something that stirs you
Most of us want to read more, so it’s time to set aside thirty minutes or so each evening for this pleasure-filled past-time. There are so many self-development books written by fierce females that will help you along your journey in life!
Our top recommendations for anyone who needs a boost are:
- You are a badass by Jen Sincero, which is perfect for anyone who needs to eradicate self-doubt and gain the confidence to reach their goals,
- Get your sh*t together by Sarah Knight, which guides you through all of the mistakes you might be making and obstacles you’re facing,
- The life-changing magic of not giving a f*ck, also by Sarah Knight. This one’s for the people pleasers!
Setting a personal challenge is a great way to renew your vigour for life but it’s easy to set yourself up for failure with lofty aims. Why not make it easy for yourself with a simple gratefulness challenge?
Every day, either as soon as you wake up in the morning or right before you go to sleep, take a few minutes to list three things you’re grateful for that day. You can write them down or just list them mentally. Either way, forcing yourself to recognize your blessings will remind you of all the great things in your life. What better way to inspire you to try even harder that to celebrate how great things are already?
With one or all of these brain boosting exercises, your month can go from blah to brilliant. Will you give them a whirl? Let us know how you get on over on Instagram!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!