With thanksgiving just around the corner, there still enough time to get creating some delicious treats for your friends and family to share on November 22nd.
At Charlotte London, we believe pecans make a pumpkin pie taste even better, and this recipe is one of our absolute favourites. If you don’t wish to add pecans to your pie, please follow the recipe without adding the mixture. We can’t wait to share it with you!
The overall process takes just 60 minutes to prep and bake and this recipe can serve up to 8 people.
The ingredients you will need are:
3 large eggs
2/3 cup Corn syrup, light
3/4 cup Granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Pecan, halves
3 tbsp Butter
1 cup Libby’s® 100% pure pumpkin (or fresh from your recent Halloween pumpkin patch) –
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350° F.
- Have a clean worktop and set out all of your ingredients.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the first pumpkin layer. Combine the pumpkin mixture, ¾ cup of sugar, 1 large egg and pumpkin pie spice and stir well until all lumps disappear.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the bottom of the pie shell and spread evenly.
- Next, for the pecan layer; stir together the corn syrup, ½ cup of brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 3 large tbsp of butter and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract in same bowl; and stir in the nuts. Spoon evenly over pumpkin layer.
- Decorate with added pecan nuts on top.
- Bake the pie for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
To make your pie taste even better, we recommend baking at 450° F for the first 15 minutes, then turned the heat down to 350° F for 45 minutes more. The crust will be more crispy this way. Be sure to check on the pie after 30 minutes and cover with foil if starting to brown too much. We hope you enjoy this recipe and be sure to tag us in your pictures online.